Talking Parrots

Recently, I happened to get to know a few women who are 'talkative'. Well, it dint seem so unusual, as I was 'also' involved in the conversation. Soon I found myself just nodding my head, feeling uncomfortable to remain inclined in the chat. Realization soon dawned to me - there's a difference - you talk, you talk a lot and then there's you talk non-stop. My God.
Some say women love talking. Some think talkative women are naiive. Some Men find talkative women - attractive.  On the contrary, is it just Me who wants to close my ears and take a deep breath - in the presence of these talking parrots?


I am sure those who know me from school might be shocked with what I just said. I'll tell you, why. Thats because in my circle of friends, I've always been loud and funny (?!) and talkative. And sarcasm. Yes. But people (including lost and found) you should know this. I am not always in a talkative mode. As soon as I step out of that circle, I get very quiet and introspective. There's the gregarious Extrovert and the solitart Introvert. Amidst the Extroverts and Introverts, there is a middle group - a grey area - the Ambiverts. An ambivert is moderately comfortable with groups and social interaction, but also relishes time alone, away from a crowd. 

Guys' Version:

Well, I think different guys like different personalities. In the majority of cases most guys prefer a woman who is a good talker. There are exceptional cases (a minority) where a man is a big talker and therefore he would go for a woman who is quiet. In most cases though men prefer women to be the talkers, still if you are quiet initially they will accept you. They will believe you are being quiet because of nervousness and will soon warm up, they will particularly discount you being quiet if you pretty.


Will a more talkative woman be seen by most men as more attractive?
Nah yeah, not really.Talkative in moderation. Men do not like women that are overbearing and do not give them chance to speak. Men like Women who are entertaining and talk sensibly, otherwise they will be out and about with you and there will be total silence, or he will be fumbling about trying to make conversation. So I guess men will like to be with a woman, with whom he can have a good conversation with. If he can’t have a conversation with her, then he will find it difficult to enjoy the relationship. There is only so far that looks can go. 

I strongly believe, too much talking is the cause of danger. It is always the talkative parrot which is shut up in a cage. Other birds, without speech, fly freely about. 

         "Loose lips sinks Ships"   - says a famous propaganda from as early as World War II '

Especially in this age of media and Internet access, we are much more talkative than ever before. This virtual world, has created a delusion infront of us, wherein the silent or less-commenting ones are considered anti-social and egoistic. It also leads to relationship problems with just a 'like' - And it grows and grows, till the gap is too big to mend.

Don't just talk about anything and everything. Talk less. Talk sensibly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking through the beautiful Paris

Over the Rocks this Summer - Day 2

Over the Rocks this Summer